The decision to put your home on the market shouldn’t be made in haste, but it also can’t be dragged out. Currently here in the DFW area, we are blessed with an abundance of opportunity. Home sellers in particular are reaping the benifits of our booming housing market. Many homeowners are taking advantage of their recent home appreciation by selling. For some owners, however, the conclusion to sell isn't quite so easy. So how do you know if now is the right time to put YOUR home on the market? There are many variables and options to weigh in your decision. An experienced Realtor can help you figure out how much your home will sell for, how much you will walk away with and what you can expect to spend on your next residence.
There’s no set formula to decide if you are ready to hang up the “for sale” sign, but the recent home sellers that we interviewed identified 10 signs that hint that it's time.
1. You want to renovate nearly every room in the house
2. You love your job, but hate your commute
3. You want to be closer to family
4. You want to be further from family
5. You're cramped for space
6. You have too much space
7. Your neighborhood isn't what it once was
8. You cannot manage the upkeep of your home
9. You window-shop listings in your ideal city/neighborhood
10. Your dream home "must haves" are committed to memory
How many of these statments did you agree with? Other factors to consider when choosing to put your home up for sale include your financial status and if you are emotionally ready to move.
Ready to take the next step? I'd be happy to help you weigh the options and see if selling now is the right for you!